Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/10/06/chocolate-almond-banana-bites/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Almond Banana Bites
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this healthy treat!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla bean
- 1 1/2 dark chocolate bars (I used Endangered Species 3.5 oz bars)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk )
- In a small bowl, mix the banana, vanilla and almond butter.
- Mash it together well and set aside.
- In a saucepan, , melt the chocolate and almond milk on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once you get a smooth chocolate, add a small amount to the bottom of a lined muffin tin.
- I used silicone muffin liners to make removing the chocolate easier when it’s time to eat.
- Once you have placed chocolate at the bottom on each cup, stick it in the freezer to firm up. About 10 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is firm, add in the banana filling and then cover the top with more chocolate.
- Repeat these steps until all are done.
Using standard sized muffin cups, I got 6 out of my batch. I store them in the freezer. Enjoy!