Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/10/24/pumpkin-coconut-mousse/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Pumpkin Coconut Mousse
- 2 cups or 1 can pureed pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- The night before you go to make this, place an unopened can of coconut milk in the fridge.
- The next morning, pull out the can and open it.
- Scoop out the solid white part and place it in the mixture. You can save the leftover liquid for smoothies.
- Using the whipping attachment, whip the coconut into a cream. I did this with my KitchenAid mixer .
- While that is whipping, make the pumpkin mixture. In another bowl, combine the pumpkin, spices and maple syrup and mix well.
- Once the “cream” is done, gently fold it into the pumpkin mixture.
- Chill in the fridge until it is ready to be eaten. Enjoy!