Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/11/01/healthier-peanut-butter-rice-krispy-treats/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Healthier Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats
- 4 cups rice cereal (I used Barbara's Brown Rice Crisps)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 12 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 3 T coconut oil (measure after melting)
- In a food processor , mix the dates with enough water so a syrup starts to form.
- The syrup should be thicker, almost like a caramel. I used about 1/4 cup water.
- Once the dates are in a syrup, transfer them to a saucepan with the peanut butter and coconut oil.
- Stir on medium heat just enough to soften the peanut butter and combine all the ingredients.
- Once that is done, add them to a bowl with the cereal and mix until everything is well combined.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper, leaving enough paper to stick out the sides.
- Pack the mixture down tight and stick it in the fridge to set.
- Once it’s set, pull the bars out using the parchment paper and cut into squares with a pizza cutter .
My bars were thick. If you want a thinner bar, use a slightly bigger pan. I got 9 squares out of my batch. They should last a couple weeks in the fridge. Enjoy!