Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/11/08/gluten-free-pumpkin-pie-pop-tarts/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts
For the dough
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (you can use maple syrup as well, just make sure to decrease the liquid elsewhere in the recipe)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 flax eggs (I used a flax egg replacement)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 T almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the filling
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl , mix up the filling and set aside.
- In another bowl , add all the dry ingredients for the dough.
- In a mixing bowl , add the wet ingredients and mix.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, while mixing. If the mixture looks slightly dry, add a little more milk.
- Once the dough has formed, gather it into a ball and wrap it in plastic. It will be sticky.
- Store it in the fridge for 25-30 minutes.
- Once the dough is firm, pull it out and cut it in half.
- Line your counter with parchment paper the size of your baking sheet .
- Take one half of the dough and place it on the parchment paper.
- Put the plastic wrap between the dough and the rolling pin, and roll it out to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spread the filling on top. Then roll out the other half of the dough the same way as the first.
- Once it’s rolled out, carefully place it on top of the other half of the dough.
- Very carefully, peel the parchment paper off.
- Transfer the whole thing to your baking sheet .
- Cut the dough into squares using a pizza cutter .
- Bake in the oven for 15-17 minutes.
I got 6-7 out of my batch. I cut them larger. They should last a few weeks if kept in the fridge. Enjoy!