Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/12/06/homemade-salsa/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Say goodbye to store bought salsa. This recipe is all you need!
- 5 vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 T purple onion diced small
- 2 T cilantro chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and quarter the tomatoes.
- In a food processor , chop 4 tomatoes until they are diced very small, but not totally pulverized.
- Pour the contents of the food processor in a bowl with the diced onion.
- Add the last tomato, cilantro, and jalapeno to the food processor and run the processor until the jalapeno has been chopped very fine.
- Empty the contents of the food processor to the bowl.
- Mince the garlic clove and add it to the bowl.
- Add the lime juice with the salt to the bowl and stir.
Jalapenos are no joke if you don't like spicy food so be careful. To lessen the heat, don't add as much jalapeno or use another chile with less heat. You can also remove the seeds. That is where most of the heat is. This is also better the next day, so refrigerate overnight and let the flavors really settle in.