Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/12/14/gluten-free-mint-chocolate-chunk-cookies/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Gluten Free Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Decadent Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies perfect for the holidays!
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour ( GF all purpose may work as well)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder ( cocoa powder would work as well)
- 1/2 cup sucanat ( coconut sugar would also work)
- 1 dark chocolate bar (I used Endangered Species 3.5 oz brand)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 2 flax eggs (I used flax egg replacements)
- 2 T almond milk
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans or vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate, coconut oil and milk on med-low heat.
- Once they are melted together, add them to a bowl with the dry ingredients and mix.
- Lastly, add the eggs and mix until combined.
- If you are adding chocolate chips, fold them in the batter at the end.
- Form cookies into balls, place them on a lined baking sheet and press them down with your palm.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes.
by Melissa King