Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/12/26/chocolate-coconut-butter/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Coconut Butter
A decadent chocolate coconut spread with only 2 ingredients!
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 dark chocolate bar (I used Endangered Species 3.5 oz )
- In a blender or food processor , blend up the shredded coconut until you see it start to look like the oils have been released. (It will start to look like a looser version of peanut butter .)
- This can take about 15-20 minutes depending on if you are using a blender or food processor.
- Once the coconut gets to that stage, add in the chocolate bar and continue to blend until smooth.
- I store mine in the pantry in an old mason jelly jar .
- Recipe makes about 2 cups coconut butter.
I stored the coconut butter in my pantry. It may harden slightly, but you can stick the jar in a pot of hot water and it should soften right up. Blending it again may help as well.