Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2013/12/27/potato-and-green-pea-masala/
© 2013 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Potato and Green Pea Masala
If you have been wanting to try Indian food, this is a great recipe to start with.
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans (or 1 can)
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 potato diced and boiled until soft
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 cup green peas
- salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes for about 5-7 just to soften them.
- In a saute pan , cook the onions and garlic on medium high to soften them. About 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the rest of the ingredients, including the spices, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
by Melissa King
You can find garam masala at most health food stores. You can also check your local international market. Since it's not an item I use often, I buy just a small amount out of the bulk spices. Very inexpensive that way.