Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/01/05/super-easy-black-eyed-peas/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Super Easy Black Eyed Peas
An easy meal with very few ingredients!
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups black eyed peas
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 T roasted pepitas
- 1 T coconut oil
- salt to taste
- In a saute pan , saute the onions and oil for about 5 minutes.
- Then add in the cooked brown rice, tomatoes and black eyed peas.
- Lower heat, add salt and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add in the pepitas and serve.
This should last in the fridge for about a week. It can be frozen for longer storage.