Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/01/10/cinnamon-roll-overnight-oats/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
The easiest breakfast you will ever make!
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours)
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp maple syrup or 1 date chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a food processor or blender , grind up the cashews until they are smooth.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the cashews, in a jar and mix well.
- Cover jar and set it in the fridge for the night.
You can eat the oatmeal cold, or heat it up right before eating. I eat mine cold. I make 5 at a time for easy breakfasts all week. If you use steel cut oats, they will still have a crunch. If you use rolled oats, they will be much softer.
This recipe calls for a lot of cinnamon because I love it. If you don't like as much of a cinnamon flavor, you can use less.