Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/01/14/salted-cashew-chocolate-clusters/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Salted Cashew Chocolate Clusters
A healthy snack alternative to candy bars.
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or 1 chocolate bar (I used Endangered Species 3 oz)
- 2 T almond milk
- Melt the chocolate with the milk using a double boiler method.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the chocolate is melted, stir in the cashews to coat them in the chocolate.
- Spread the chocolate/cashew mixture onto the baking sheet. (I used a smaller baking sheet)
- Once the mixture is spread, sprinkle the sea salt on top.
- Stick in the freezer to firm up. (About 30 minutes)
- Once the clusters are firm, you can store them in the fridge or freezer. Either works.
If you don't like the bitterness of dark chocolate, you can also use milk chocolate. I used dark to keep my recipe vegan.