Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/01/17/super-moist-flourless-brownies/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Super Moist Flourless Brownies
A decadent treat with NO oil and NO flour!
- 2 cups black beans (After soaking overnight and boiling in the morning.)
- 1 bag or 2 cups of chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Gluten Free Chips )
- 1/2 cup applesauce (I used unsweetened)
- 1 flax egg (I used a flax egg replacement)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T cocao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , combine the black beans and chocolate chips very well.
- Once they are broken up well, add in the remaining ingredients and keep processing until a smooth batter forms.
- Line an 8X8 pan with parchment paper leaving enough paper to stick out the sides.
- Spoon batter into the pan.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Lift the brownies out of the pan by grabbing the extra sides of parchment paper.
- Cut into squares with a pizza cutter .
If you want to use canned beans. This recipe equals 1 can beans. Drain and rinse before using. These brownies need to be stored in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks. You may also be able to freeze them, but I haven't tried that yet.
Recipe has been adapted from Sugar Free Mom .