Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/01/22/homemade-junior-mints/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Homemade Junior Mints
A cleaner version of the store bought classic.
- 1/2 cup homemade coconut butter or coconut manna
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 dark chocolate bar (I used Endangered Species 3oz .)
- 2 T almond milk
- In a food processor , combine the coconut butter and peppermint.
- Scoop out little balls and set them on a parchment lined plate. I used a melon baller to form the balls.
- Stick the balls in the freezer.
- Once the balls are frozen, prepare the chocolate.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate and milk.
- Once melted, take each frozen ball and cover it in chocolate. I used two forks for this.
- You need to work quickly so the warm chocolate doesn't melt the coconut balls.
- Once all the balls are covered in chocolate, stick them in the fridge to firm up.
If you want to add a sweetener to this, you can add 1-2 tsp of maple syrup or honey. Add the sweetener when you are mixing the coconut butter and peppermint.
These homemade junior mints should be stored in the fridge or freezer. They should last for a couple weeks in the fridge and even longer in the freezer.