Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/01/25/homemade-sriracha-sauce/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Homemade Sriracha Sauce
This popular sauce is easy to make yourself!
- 1 lb red fresno peppers (red bell peppers work too)
- 2 habanero peppers
- 2 T minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white vinegar (please try to buy organic)
- 1 T coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut the peppers and mince the garlic.
- In the food processor , add all the ingredients and pulse until everything is mostly broken down.
- Add the processed mixture to a saute pan and cook on high for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool.
- Transfer the mixture to a jar. (I used a small mason jar.)
- Store in the fridge.
This sauce is very spicy. If you like less heat, you can remove the seeds or even use less hot peppers. Sriracha should keep in the fridge for a couple months. You can also freeze it for longer storage.