Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/02/01/spaghetti-squash-with-pesto-sauce/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Spaghetti Squash with Pesto Sauce
A super healthy, low carb, grain free pasta option!
For the Spaghetti
For the Pesto
- 4 T hemp oil
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 large garlic clove
- 15 basil leaves
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- salt to taste
- water (just enough to get desired consistency)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Brush the squash with oil and lay face down on a lined baking sheet .
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting. Make the pesto.
- In a food processor , combine all the pesto ingredients, except the water, and mix well.
- Slowly, 1 tablespoon at a time, add water until you reach a desired consistency.
- Once the squash is done, use a fork to pull out the spaghetti.
- Toss the pesto on top and serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
This dish should last about a week in the fridge. The pesto sauce may be frozen, but I am not sure if the squash can be.