Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/02/15/chocolate-coconut-tarts/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Coconut Tarts
It looks fancy, but simple to make!
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 10 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 2 T coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the filling
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life chips)
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- In a food processor , combine the pecans and flax. Once those are ground up, add in the remaining ingredients for the crust.
- You will start to see the mixture come together to form a dough. If it looks a little dry, you can add a touch of water, but be careful not to add too much.
- Press the dough into greased tart shells . Once all the shells are done, place them in the fridge while you make the filling.
- In a blender or food processor , mix the ingredients for the filling.
- Once the filling has come together, spoon it into each tart. Then store the tarts in the fridge.
- After the tarts have been in the fridge for a while, the chocolate filling will harden up to a fudge like consistency that is out of this world.
by Melissa King
If you don't have a powerful food processor, you can soak the dates in water for 30 minutes before you intend to use them. It will make them much softer and easier to process.