Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/02/18/alfredo-zucchini-pasta/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Alfredo Zucchini Pasta
An easy, low carb meal you will love!
For the pasta
- 2 zucchinis (ends removed) cut in spirals
For the sauce
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 cloves garlic minced (We like it strong. If you don't, use 2 cloves)
- 3 T nutritional yeast
- 2 T onion diced
- 1 T lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and steam until soft.
- Using a spiralizer, madoline or peeler, cut the zucchini into ribbons.
- Once the cauliflower is soft, using a food processor or blender , blend it and the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over the zucchini pasta and serve immediately.
- If you plan on eating it later, keep the zucchini and sauce separate until you are ready to serve.
The recipe for the sauce makes more than you need for the pasta. You can either add an extra zucchini, or just save the extra sauce for later use. The sauce can be frozen as well. Nutritional yeast is very different than bread yeast. It adds a nutty and cheesy flavor. Nutritional yeast is also a great source of fiber and B vitamins. If you eat cheese, feel free to sub the nutritional yeast for cheese instead.