Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/02/25/blueberry-vanilla-cashew-trail-mix/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Blueberry Vanilla Cashew Trail Mix
A healthy snack for on the go!
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 2-3 chopped dates
- 2 tsp ground vanilla beans or vanilla extract
- 2 T coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine the liquid sweetener and coconut oil. Stir until melted.
- Pour the heated mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until everything is coated.
- Spread the mixture onto a lined baking sheet .
- Bake for about 20 minutes, stopping to shake the mixture around every 10 minutes.
- Let it cool completely. This is a very important step. Some of the mixture will be clumped together. You can just break it apart easily. I did that before storing.
I stored my trail mix on the counter in a glass mason jar. It should last a couple weeks. You can also refrigerate or freeze it for longer storage.