Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/02/28/sweet-and-sour-soba-noodles/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Sweet and Sour Soba Noodles
An easy meal ready in under 30 minutes!
- 1 pkg buckwheat soba noodles or rice noodles
- 3 cups pea pods (about two handfuls, for prep, both the ends of the pea pods should be cut.)
- 1 small yellow onion, rough chopped
- 1 1/2 cups edamame (I used frozen and just let it thaw on the counter)
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 medium to large carrots cut in ribbons
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbl sp walnut oil
For the sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice (I juiced my own, but if you buy it, make sure the only ingredient is pineapple juice)
- 2 T white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup (I used homemade)
- 2 T organic soy sauce , tamari , bragg's aminos or coconut aminos
- Boil the noodles in a large pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ingredients for the sauce.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in the oil for 5 to 7 minutes on medium heat until they begin to look translucent.
- Add the carrots, peppers, edamame and pea pods in and continue to saute for another 3 minutes or so. Remove from heat. If you time this right, the noodles should be done boiling.
- Add the veggie mix, noodles, and sweet and sour sauce together and serve.