Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/03/06/white-chocolate-banana-bread/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
White Chocolate Banana Bread
Super moist banana bread made from whole grains!
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 2 flax eggs (I used flax meal replacements)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 bananas smashed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl .
- In a blender or food processor , blend up the macadamia nuts into a butter. It should only take a couple minutes.
- Add the macadamia butter to a small saucepan with the cocoa butter, maple syrup, bananas and vanilla extract.
- Cook on medium heat until everything is melted and mixed well.
- Add to a bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Lastly, add in the eggs and mix until everything is well combined.
- Spoon batter into a greased mini loaf pan .
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Wait until the loaves are completely cooled before removing from the pans.
If you don't have a mini loaf pan, you can make these into muffins as well. If you choose to make this recipe into 1 large loaf, you will need to up the cooking time a bit. I created a "white chocolate" taste by combining the macadamia nuts and cocoa butter. If you are not vegan, feel free to use white chocolate chips.