Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/03/09/copycat-reeses-peanut-butter-eggs/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Copycat “Peanut Butter” Eggs
Easy to make and way better than store bought!
For the filling
- 1 cup nut butter (I used almond butter, but any nut or seed butter will do)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 T pure maple syrup
For the chocolate coating
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or my ( 3 Ingredient Chocolate Bar recipe)
- 1 1/2 T almond milk (or milk of choice)
- In a food processor , combine the filling ingredients.
- Shape the mixture into eggs.
- Place the eggs on a lined baking sheet and stick them in the freezer while you make the chocolate.
- Using a double boiler method, melt the chips and milk together.
- Using two forks, roll each egg into the chocolate and place them back on the lined baking sheet.
- Stick the eggs back in the freezer to let the chocolate set. It should take an hour or two.
- Store the eggs in the fridge or freezer.
If you store these in the fridge, they will become slightly soft. I suggest storing them in the freezer.