Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/03/18/dairy-free-sour-cream/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Dairy Free Sour Cream
A dairy free, soy free sour cream made from real ingredients!
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 T lemon juice or juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- salt to taste
- Soak the cashews overnight.
- Drain and rinse them the next day.
- Add the cashews to a blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Add in the lemon juice and vinegar and keep blending.
- Lastly, add in the water and salt. Blend until it's smooth.
by Melissa King
This sour cream should keep in the fridge for a couple weeks. I haven't tried freezing it yet. If the consistency is a little thick, you can add a little more water until you reach a desired consistency.