Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/03/24/strawberry-creme-truffles/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Strawberry Creme Truffles
For the filling
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 T maple syrup
For the chocolate
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or my 3 ingredient chocolate recipe
- 3 T almond milk or milk of choice
- In a food processor , mix the filling ingredients together very well.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, drop small balls of the filling onto a lined baking sheet . If the filling seems to soft, stick it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Stick the baking sheet, with all the formed balls in the freezer to firm up.
- While the balls are firming up, melt the chocolate.
- Using a double boiler method, melt the chocolate chips and the milk.
- Stir constantly until all the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Working quickly, using two forks, roll the balls into the chocolate and place them back onto the lined baking sheet.
- Stick the finished balls back in the freezer to firm up. It should take about 30 to 60 minutes.
These can be stored in the fridge or freezer. They should keep for a couple weeks in the fridge and a few months in the freezer. If you store them in the freezer, they may be slightly hard. They should be perfect after a minute or two though. Enjoy!