Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/03/26/roasted-jalapeno-hummus/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Roasted Jalapeno Hummus
A healthy snack with a kick!
- 2 cups cooked or 1 15oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 - 1 whole jalapeno (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice of medium 2 lemons
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 T olive oil
- 3 T water
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Roast the jalapino whole for 10 minutes, stopping halfway through to flip it.
- Slice it once it's finished cooking. You also may want to let it cool a bit.
- Add everything to the food processor and blend until smooth. If the mixture seems too thick for you, you can always add a little extra water or olive oil until you reach a desired consistency.
If you like things extra spicy, you can leave the seeds on the jalapeno. If you don't like as much of a kick, you can remove the seeds from the jalapeno. This hummus should last a couple weeks in the fridge. Enjoy!