Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/03/27/mini-vegan-cheesecakes/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Mini Vegan Cheesecakes
Dairy free and guilt free mini cheesecakes!
For the crust
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 5 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 2 T coconut oil (measure after melting)
For the cheesecake
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor , combine all the ingredients for the crust. The dough will look loose, but I promise it comes together once it's chilled in the fridge.
- Press a little bit of dough into each lined muffin cup. I use standard sized muffin pans with silicone liners . Paper liners will work as well.
- Stick the muffin pans into the fridge as you make the filling.
- Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Place them into a food processor with the rest of the filling ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Spoon the filling into each muffin cup. I filled my standard muffin cups all the way to the top.
- Stick into the fridge to set. This should take about 2 hours.
If you need a grain free option, you can use almonds instead of the rolled oats. These cheesecakes should keep for a couple weeks in the fridge. Enjoy!