Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/03/29/brussel-sprouts-salad-with-cranberries-and-almonds/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Brussel Sprouts Salad with Cranberries and Almonds
A light and healthy salad perfect for spring!
For the salad
- 1 lbs Brussel Sprouts (ends removed and shredded)
- 1 large or 2 small carrots (ends removed, peeled and shredded)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 small apple diced (You can either peel it or leave the skin on. I peeled mine)
For the dressing
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 2 T hemp oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 1/2 T raw honey
- salt to taste
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- I highly suggest letting the salad sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or so. That will give the flavors time to marinate.
This salad should keep for a week in the fridge. Enjoy!