Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/04/02/gluten-free-apple-cinnamon-waffles/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Waffles
Make a big batch for quick and easy breakfast options!
- 3 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 flax eggs (I used flax egg replacements)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 T coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 1 T maple syrup
- 2 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Turn on your waffle iron .
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix wet in another.
- Add wet to dry and mix until everything is combined. The batter will be thicker and stickier than traditional waffles.
- Make sure the waffle iron is greased before every waffle is made.
- I used a 1/2 cup scoop measurement to scoop the batter onto the waffle iron. You may need to use a spatula to help spread out the batter a little.
- Cook the waffles according to your waffle iron's instructions.
- Serve immediately or you can refrigerate or freeze them for later.