Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/04/08/coconut-caramel-tartlets/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Coconut Caramel Tartlets
The perfect bite of sweetness.
For the crust
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 T coconut oil (softened)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the filling
- 10 medool dates (soaked in water for an hour)
- 1 T ground vanilla beans or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a food processor , combine the crust ingredients.
- Press the crust into each tartlet shell . It will seem kind of crumbly. but I promise it firms up in the fridge.
- Once all the tartlets have the crust, stick them in the fridge to firm up.
- To make the filling, make sure the dates have been soaking in water.
- Drain the water that the dates were in, and add the dates to a food processor or blender with the vanilla and 2 T of new water.
- Blend until everything is smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides often.
- Once the filling is made, spoon it into each tartlet and store them back in the fridge.
by Melissa King
These tartlets should last 7-10 days in the fridge. Store them in an airtight container. Enjoy!