Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/04/10/easy-mushroom-and-onion-quesadillas/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Vegan Mushroom and Onion Quesadillas
A classic dish made vegan!
The amounts for this make 1 quesadilla
For the filling
- 2 mushrooms sliced thin
- 1/4 yellow onion sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 T oil (we used walnut oil)
- salt to taste
- 2 tortillas (We used Food for Life corn tortillas, but any tortilla should work.)
- 2 T dairy free cheese sauce
- Mushroom and onion mixture
- Heat a saute pan on medium heat.
- Add the oil and onions, garlic and salt and saute for about 5-7 minutes.
- Then add the mushroom and continue to saute for another 7-9 minutes or until the mushrooms and onions are soft. Remove them from heat.
- Lightly oil the pan again and place one tortilla in the pan.
- Spoon the 2 T cheese sauce onto the tortilla.
- Place the mushroom/onion mixture on top of that.
- Top with another tortilla.
- Saute in the pan for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately
If you eat dairy, please feel free to sub cheese in place of the cashew cheese sauce.