Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/04/11/homemade-healthier-mounds-bars/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Homemade Healthier Mounds Bars
A healthier version of the store bought treat!
For the filling
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla beans or vanilla extract
For the chocolate coating
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 T almond milk
For the filling:
- In a food processor , combine all the filling ingredients for 1-2 minutes.
- Form into balls and place on a lined baking sheet. The mixture will seem loose, but I promise it stays together once it's set.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer. Let it sit in there for an hour to get the balls nice and cold.
For the chocolate coating:
- Using a double boiler method, melt the chocolate and the milk together. Stir constantly until the chocolate is smooth.
- Carefully, using two forks, roll the balls into the chocolate and set them back onto the baking sheet.
- Place them back in the freezer to set. It should take about an hour.
- Once the chocolate has set, you can store these balls in the fridge or keep them in the freezer.
If you choose to store these in the freezer, you will need to let them sit outside the freezer for a couple of minutes before you eat them. Enjoy!