Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/04/17/healthy-lemon-tarts/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Healthy Lemon Tarts
An easy recipe that comes together in minutes!
For the crust
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 8 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 2 T coconut oil (softened)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the filling
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk | (full fat)
- 3 T maple syrup
- Juice from 1 medium sized lemon
- optional: (You can add 1 tsp lemon zest for an even stronger lemon flavor.)
- In a food processor , combine the ingredients for the crust. You will get a wet, loose dough.
- Press the dough into greased tart shells. I used 4 inch tart shells and got 4 tarts. You can probably do o 1 large tart as well.
- Stick the tart shells in the fridge to firm up while you make the filling.
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the tart shells and stick them back in the fridge to firm up. I would give them a good 4 hours to set. If you can wait overnight, that is even better.
Store the tarts in the fridge. They should last at least 7-10 days. Enjoy!