Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/04/27/flourless-salted-caramel-chocolate-chip-cookies/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Flourless Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
You will never guess these cookies are flourless with no added sugar!
- 1 cup cashew butter (see notes)
- 5 medjool dates (pits removed and soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 2 T water
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans or vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain the dates in the water.
- In a small blender combine the dates, sea salt and 2 T new water and mix until a caramel starts to form. If you need to add a little extra water, that is okay.
- In a food processor , mix the cashew butter, vanilla and baking powder together.
- Add the caramel to the cashew butter mixture and pulse a few times.
- Lastly add the chocolate chips and pulse a few more times.
- Drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet . I used a cookie scoop and got 9 cookies.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Wait until the cookies are completely cooled before removing them from the baking sheet.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze them for longer.
**You can buy cashew butter at the store, but you can also make it yourself in a food processor or high powered blender. Just take 2 cups raw cashew pieces and blend them for 5 minutes. Feel free to use another nut butter or even sunflower butter in place of the cashew butter, but keep in mind it may alter the flavor slightly.