Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/05/03/strawberry-mousse/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Only 3 ingredients to make this delicious dessert!
- 1 can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 cup strawberries (I used fresh, but frozen can work too)
- Place the can of coconut milk unopened in the fridge overnight.
- In a small blender or food processor , combine the strawberries and maple syrup.
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the solid part. Put it into a mixing bowl.
- There will be some water left in the can. Don't throw it away. Freeze it in ice cube trays to add flavor to smoothies.
- Using a whipping attachment, whip the solid coconut into a cream. I did this in my Kitchen Aid mixer. This should take a couple minutes.
- Gently fold in the strawberry mixture.
- Spoon the mousse into bowls and store in the fridge to set. About 2 hours.
If you use frozen fruit, please let it thaw completely before using in this recipe. You may also need to strain out some of the liquid. Enjoy!