Hooray for Strawberry Mousse! Especially when it’s made healthier. I am so glad that spring is here. That means the price of berries becomes more affordable. So I have been making all kinds of treats with strawberries.
My most recent strawberry recipe, my strawberry truffles, quickly became one of my most pinned recipes. I am hoping you will enjoy this healthy mousse recipe as well.
It only takes 3 ingredients to make this delicious strawberry mousse that is perfect for spring! This mouse is not only easy to make, it’s also vegan, gluten free and paleo. Enjoy!
Here is a short video on how I make the coconut cream. Super easy! For more videos, you can subscribe to my You Tube Channel.
Only 3 ingredients to make this delicious dessert!
- Place the can of coconut milk unopened in the fridge overnight.
- In a small blender or food processor , combine the strawberries and maple syrup.
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the solid part. Put it into a mixing bowl.
- There will be some water left in the can. Don't throw it away. Freeze it in ice cube trays to add flavor to smoothies.
- Using a whipping attachment, whip the solid coconut into a cream. I did this in my Kitchen Aid mixer. This should take a couple minutes.
- Gently fold in the strawberry mixture.
- Spoon the mousse into bowls and store in the fridge to set. About 2 hours.
If you use frozen fruit, please let it thaw completely before using in this recipe. You may also need to strain out some of the liquid. Enjoy!