Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/05/08/lemon-coconut-overnight-oats/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Lemon Coconut Overnight Oats
An easy and healthy breakfast!
- 1 1/2 T lemon juice (If you like a really strong lemon flavor, add a little more)
- 1/2 T maple syrup
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/2 cup gluten free steel cut or gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 T shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: 1 chopped medjool date
- In a jar, mix all the ingredients and stir well.
- Cover the jar and store in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, you can heat it up, or eat it cold. I eat mine cold.
If you like a smoother oatmeal, if you want your oats to have a crunch, you can use the steel cut oats. I like the steel cut oats myself. I make 5 of these at a time for easy breakfast all week. Enjoy!