Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/05/09/avocado-pesto-dip/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Avocado Pesto Dip
- 2 avocados
- 15 basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed spinach
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (see notes)
- 2 T chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- In a food processor , combine the avocado, basil and spinach until smooth.
- Then add in the nutritional yeast, parsley, garlic and salt and pulse until everything is smooth.
- If you don't want the avocado to brown, you can squirt a little lemon juice onto it.
- Store the dip in an airtight container in the fridge. It should last 4 days. You may be able to freeze it for longer .
In case you were wondering, nutritional yeast is different from bread yeasts. It adds a nutty and cheesy flavor. If you don't want to use it, you can omit it, but I suggest adding a 1/4 nuts instead. Enjoy!