Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/05/12/smoky-sweet-potatoes-avocado-cauliflower-rice/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Smoky Sweet Potatoes and Avocado with Cauliflower Rice
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 2 T oil (I used coconut oil )
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup diced onion (about 1/2 an onion)
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- salt to taste
- 2 small avocados cubed
For the potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potato, oil, smoked paprika, and chili powder. Toss every thing together to ensure the spices are mixed through the potato.
- Transfer potatoes to a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30, or until you can easily push a fork through the potatoes.
- Set aside.
For the rice:
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Throw 1/2 of the cauliflower into a food processor . Pulse until you get a crumb-like consistency. Do mix too much or it will turn to mush.
- Transfer the processed cauliflower into a saucepan with a couple teaspoons of oil. Saute for about 5-7 minutes. Set aside. Repeat the same steps with the other half of the cauliflower.
Throwing it all together:
- In a large saute pan, add the onions with a little oil. Saute them on medium heat until they soften. About 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice, sweet potatoes, pepitas and some salt and continue to saute for another 5 minutes or so.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and serve with sliced avocados on top. Enjoy!
This recipe seems pretty involved, but it's not if you cook the potatoes and rice ahead of time. Only add the avocado right before you are going to eat it. Otherwise it will brown. This should last a week in the fridge.