Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/05/15/mixed-berry-parfait/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Mixed Berry Parfait
A lighter dessert perfect for spring!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 1 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, mix the pecans, maple syrup and salt. Make sure everything is coated well.
- Spread the nuts onto a lined baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, stopping halfway through to shake the pan. Let the nuts cool.
- Make sure your un-opened can of coconut milk has been chilling overnight in the fridge. Open the can and scoop out the fatty white part. Put it in a mixing bowl with the vanilla. Using a whipping attachment, whip the coconut into a cream. This should take a few minutes.
- Once the coconut milk is whipped into a cream, you are ready to assemble the parfaits.
- I started with a layer of cream, then a layer of nuts , more cream, and top it with fruit. You can really assemble them any way you like. I also think these would be just as good without the the nuts.
These parfaits will probably keep 4 days in the fridge. More if you keep the fruit and cream separate until you are ready to eat them. Enjoy!