Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/05/18/carrot-cake-baked-oatmeal/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
The oatmeal you can take on the go!
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried pineapples
- 2 T coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup carrots (shredded)
- 2 flax eggs (I used flax egg replacements)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl .
- Mix wet in another.
- Add dry to wet and mix until combined.
- Spoon mixture into lined muffin pans .
- I used jumbo and got 6. If you use standard, you will get 12.
- I baked the jumbo sized oatmeal for 20 minutes. If you do standard sized, you probably need to bake for less time. I am guessing about 12-15 minutes.
by Melissa King
I used jumbo muffin pans and baked these for 20 minutes. If you use standard muffin pans, you will need to bake them for less time. I would check on them after 10 minutes. My guess is the standard sized oatmeal would take about 12-15 minutes. Store these in an airtight container in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks that way. You can also freeze them for longer storage.