Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/05/20/miso-stir-fry-cauliflower-rice/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Miso Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice
A delicious and filling meal!
- 1 pkg extra firm tofu cubed (or your favorite protein)
- 1 cup carrots rough chopped
- 2 small heads of broccoli (cut in florets)
- 1 head cauliflower (cut in florets)
- 1/2 an onion rough chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery rough chopped
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1 T toasted sesame oil
For the sauce
- 4 T miso paste
- 4 T water
- 4 T maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl .
- Drain the tofu and pat dry. Cut it into cubes and place it on a lined baking sheet .
- Brush the sauce on the tofu. There will be some sauce left over that you will use in the stir fry.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the tofu is baking, you can make the rice.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Put the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until you get a crumb-like consistency. Be careful not to mix it too much because it can get mushy.
- Heat a large saucepan on medium heat. Add the cauliflower and a couple teaspoons of oil to the pan. Saute for about 5-7 minutes or until the cauliflower is slightly toasted. Set aside.
- Steam the broccoli for 10 minutes.
- In large saute pan, combine the carrots, onions, celery, garlic and sesame oil. Cook on medium heat for about 7 minutes. Once that mixture is done, put all the ingredients for the stir fry together with the remaining miso sauce. Stir fry for just a couple more minutes to coat the sauce evenly.
If you don't like tofu, you can always use another protein. This should last a week in the fridge. I don't suggest freezing it though. The recipe may seem a little involved, but you can make the tofu and cauliflower rice ahead of time. Enjoy!