Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/05/21/mixed-berry-waffles/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Mixed Berry Waffles
A healthy, make ahead breakfast your kids will love!
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 flax eggs (I used flax eggs )
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (or your milk of choice)
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 T coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Turn your waffle maker on.
- In one bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the wet.
- Add wet to dry and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the berries.
- Cook the waffles according to your waffle maker's instructions. You most likely need to grease the waffle maker before making each waffle.
- You can serve immediately or freeze for later.
These waffles should last a week in the fridge. You can also freeze them for longer storage. When storing, place a sheet of parchment in between each waffle so they don't stick together. Enjoy!