Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/06/05/mint-chocolate-chip-ice-cream/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Only 4 ingredients to make this frozen treat!
- 1 can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 -3 T maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 T vegan dark chocolate chips
- Make sure you ice cream bowl has been in the freezer for 18 hours.
- Mix the coconut milk, maple syrup and peppermint extract in a medium sized bowl .
- Pour contents into the ice cream machine and turn on. It should take about 15-20 minutes to make ice cream.
- When the ice cream looks very close to being done, add the chocolate chips and use a spoon to guide the ice cream around so the chips get mixed in evenly.
The ice cream will be a soft serve consistency. If you like a harder ice cream, stick it in the freezer for an hour. I store mine in this tub . The ice cream will harden a lot once frozen, so if you plan to eat some, pull it out about 30 minutes prior to eating. If you don't have an ice cream machine, you can make this recipe into popsicles. I like these molds . Enjoy!