Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/06/08/buckwheat-avocado-summer-salad/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Buckwheat Avocado Summer Salad
A healthy and colorful summer salad!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 cup corn (please try to use organic)
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 2 avocados chopped
- 2-3 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T toasted sesame oil
- salt to taste
- In a small saucepan , add the water and buckwheat.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Set aside to cool. I actually cooked the buckwheat a day ahead.
- Once the buckwheat has cooled, add it to a bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- If you don't want the avocado to brown you can always sprinkle a little lemon juice on it, or add it right before eating.
This salad should last 4 days in the fridge. Enjoy!