Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/06/13/matcha-truffles/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
A sweet treat with a boost of antioxidants!
For the filling
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1 1/2 T Kiss Me Organics Matcha Powder
- 2 T maple syrup
For the chocolate coating
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 T almond milk
- In a food processor , combine the filling ingredients.
- Mix for about a minute until everything looks well combined.
- Roll into balls and set in the freezer to firm up. (It should take about 10 minutes)
- To make the chocolate coating, use a double boiler method to gently heat the chocolate.
- Place a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water.
- Add the chocolate and almond milk to the glass bowl and gently melt into chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted, you can roll the balls into it. I like to use two forks to help guide the balls around in the chocolate.
- Once all the balls are covered in chocolate, stick them in the fridge to firm up. It should take an hour or two. If you want to firm up the chocolate faster, you can stick them in the freezer.
Please keep these stored in the fridge. You can also freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!