Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/06/16/chocolate-zucchini-muffins/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
A healthier muffin with a hidden serving of veggies!
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix wet in another bowl.
- Add wet to dry and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into lined or greased muffin pans . I use silicone liners that work awesome.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
*** If you use a medium to large sized zucchini, you will need to squeeze out the excess moisture.