Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/06/28/bake-german-chocolate-bites/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
No Bake German Chocolate Bites
Only 4 ingredients to make this no bake treat!
For the filling
- 12 medjool dates (pits removed and soaked in water for at least 30 minutes)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- optional: pinch sea salt
For the chocolate coating
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 T coconut oil
- Remove the pits from the dates and soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and add the dates to a food processor with the coconut. You may need to add 1 T of water to help everything blend. You want the mixture to have texture, so be careful not to over blend.
- Using a cookie scoop , scoop the mixture into balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Stick the balls in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl , mix the cocoa powder and coconut oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Using a spoon, drizzle a little onto the tops of each bite and stick back into the freezer.
Store these bites in the freezer. They should last up to 6 months. Enjoy!