Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/07/05/coffee-caramel-chip-ice-cream/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Coffee Caramel Chip Ice Cream
It's like a frozen caramel macchiato. Yum!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 12 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 2 T dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Soak the dates for at least 30 minutes in enough water to cover them. I soaked mine on the counter top.
- Once the dates are soaked, add them to a blender with a tiny amount of water and blend into a caramel paste.
- In an ice cream bowl, add the coconut milk and coffee and mix well. Turn on the ice cream machine. It should take about 15-20 minutes to make ice cream.
- When the ice cream looks like it has about 5 minutes left, slowly add the caramel and help guide the ice cream while it churns so it gets mixed well. If you are adding chocolate chips, now would be a good time to add them as well.
**Please make sure your ice cream bowl has been in the freezer at least 18 hours before making this ice cream. The ice cream will be a soft serve consistency. If you like a harder ice cream, you can place it in the freezer for another hour before eating. I like to store mine in this tub . If you don't have an ice cream maker , you can always make this into popsicles. I like these molds and these push pops .