Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/07/08/quinoa-roasted-vegetables/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Quinoa with Roasted Vegetables
Any easy and healthy meal option!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 large yellow onion rough chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup corn
- 1 zucchini rough chopped
- 1 red pepper rough chopped
- 1 yellow pepper rough chopped
- 2 large carrot rough chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 T coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the quinoa and water to a small saucepan .
- Bring to a boil, then turn down, cover and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed. Mine took about 7-10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spread all the chopped veggies, except the corn, onto a lined baking sheet . Brush them with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 1 hour. Stop halfway to flip the veggies over. When there is only about 5 minutes left, add in the corn.
- Once the vegetables are done, add them to the quinoa and mix well. This is the time to add the lemon juice as well. Take a taste and add more salt, pepper or garlic if needed.
This dish should last a week in the fridge. Enjoy!