Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/07/10/paleo-zucchini-bread/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Paleo Zucchini Bread
A delicious and moist bread sweetened only with dates!
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup shredded zucchini or 1 small zucchini
- 1 very ripe banana
- 8-10 pitted dates (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 3 flax eggs (you can also use real eggs if you like)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In one bowl , mix the coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Drain and rinse the dates add them to a small blender or food processor .
- Pulse until they become a caramel-like consistency. You may need to add a tiny drop of water.
- Once the dates become a caramel, add them to a bowl with the zucchini, mashed banana and flax eggs.
- Lastly, add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Line a small loaf pan with parchment paper. Make sure there is enough room for some paper to stick out the sides. This will make it very easy to pull the bread out of the loaf pan.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the loaf pan.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Once the pan has cooled, gently lift the bread out with the extra parchment paper.
Store this bread in the fridge. It should last about a week. You can also freeze it for longer storage. Enjoy!