Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/07/21/mushroom-bell-pepper-fajitas/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Mushroom and Bell Pepper Fajitas
A healthy meal ready in under 30 minutes!
- 2 large portobello mushrooms (sliced thin)
- 1/2 a yellow onion rough chopped
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 T fajita seasoning
- 2 T avocado oil
- sea salt to taste
- tortillas (I used Udi's gluten free tortillas)
- For garnish: add avocado slices, cilantro, and tomatoes
- In a large saute pan , on medium low heat, add the ingredients, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and build your fajitas.
- I added the cooked mixture, sliced avocados, cilantro, tomatoes and my dairy free sour cream .
Don't assemble the fajitas until you are ready to eat. The vegetable mixture should keep in the fridge for about a week. You can also freeze it for longer storage. Enjoy!